Mindmapping "Mindfulness"

 What do I want the learner to gain from this course?

An understanding of mindfulness and how to practice it daily.


Why do I think mindfulness is an important concept to learn about?

There is not one person who functions normally in everyday society that doesn't feel the pressures of day-to-day responsibilities and tasks. To manage all areas of life more succinctly, mindfulness opens you up for balance.

How can someone practice mindfulness?

That's the central idea of this course. Perhaps in this course I'm not teaching the learner what mindfulness is, but rather using interaction to let them come to a conclusion.

Then at the end of the course, they would compare their definition of mindfulness with the one I've introduced in the beginning.

Layout:

One interactive slide is an animate image of an enlarged brain. Coming out of the brain are cloud thoughts. The cloud thoughts are clickable. Inside them, they dig deeper into each concept.

It's called a labeled graphic interaction.

The concepts could be: yoga/ meditation/ activity/ ...

(Ex. design: One of the activities under the concepts could be journaling; ask the learner to think of their own way to practice mindfulness doing something)


 something like this




Desired deliverable:

I envision this course as similar to a game, with yes/no response questions and "good job!" messages when the learner answers correctly.

I want the course to feel fun to finish but also interactive.


Design questions: 

Is it easier to import a PP or build a slide from scratch? 

Where do I get RGB values from? If I want a custom color, where are those created? Why would I want to have them?

How do I make each of the lines have a different entrance trigger? Is "trigger" the correct word? 

Design reflection: I'm not sure I actually know the technical jargon of designing, but I feel like I should.

Intro design:

  • Insert an avatar
  • Create a slide deck of ideas in PP
  • Import the PP deck into Storyline 360
  • Set up the Color Themes as suggested in the Storyline 360 tutorial
Publish!
  • Use Review 360
  • I have 3 test products now. I tried out Articulate 360 using the web version. It's so easy. I can see why a beginner designer should learn the basics of settings things up in Storyline 360 first.
  • What does Web/HTML 5 mean? I hope I'm doing this right
  • https://360.articulate.com/review/content/4cb66206-1e0c-40b9-97ff-ba1317fd9642/review

I still have a lot to learn with making this not look boring. But for now, I feel comfortable with the basics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of feedback

Course wrap-up

Storytelling